Skip to main content

Put on Your Thinking Caps

Ok, guys, I had this genius idea on our last trip of making a "hotel kit" and keeping it in the car or with our travel stuff for trips. The problem is, I didn't write down all the items I was thinking about.

I'm stuck at these three things:

1.) Clothes pins (for those pesky curtains that don't meet in the middle and let in the massive amounts of light and for hanging up wet clothing if needed)
2.) Travel Size Dish detergent (because of course the kids want milk in their cups while we're traveling and it NEEDS to be washed immediately)
3.) Travel Size Laundry detergent (because I have children and a husband . . . need I say more??)

What about you? Do you have any genius ideas for what to bring to a hotel room that makes your stay go even more smoothly?

Let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meanwhile, Back on the Farm

We've moved back out to the farmhouse with Mom and Dad for now. Granny and Paw-Paw are expected in today from they're winter retreat to South Padre Island, TX. As you can see from the previous post, we had a lot of fun in Texas with them. I'll be posting pictures from the trip on facebook either today or tomorrow. We've got a busy week ahead of us, getting ready for the Bookers and Eric to be here for Spring Break. We're excited to have our first visitors! Monday is going to be Callie's first birthday party, so I have some prep work to do. :) Mom and Dad have had to make an unexpected trip up to Mayo Clinic this week for some tests for Mom. They're not sure if they're going to be back in time for Callie's birthday party. We went out to eat with them on Callie's birthday just in case they don't make it back. Please say a prayer for Mom's test results to come back with good news! (And maybe that they can make it back in time for Callie'...

Things that I've discovered

I've discovered that not having the internet "in house" leads to few and far between blog postings. I've discovered that (according to Calle) Illinois dirt is "Mmmmm - Mmmm!" I've discovered that Callie loves to play in water, even when the water is in the toilet. I've discovered that babies who have been successfully weaned still like to be under Mommy's shirt, especially in public places, such as church. I've discovered that Philip really, really tries to do things the way I want them done, even if he doesn't always succeed. ;) I've discovered that Callie will smell like garlic for two days if she eats it. I've discovered that people with imposing personalities will impose on you no matter what the situation. I don't understand how they do it!! I've discovered that I don't always understand logically how something works itself out, but I know that God deserves the credit! I've discovered that the maintence man do...

Finally an Update! Amazing!

I've been waiting to post an update so I could add some funny videos that we've shot over the past weeks, but I haven't been able to set up my computer with the software on it . . . so I guess you'll just have to settle for a long post and some pictures. The move went well. My dad, Philip, and Eric loaded the moving truck by themselves because no one showed up to help. We got everything done around midnight and went to sleep on sleeping bags in our then cleared out master bedroom. The next day, Mom, Dad, Callie, and I took off for IL leaving Philip and Meeko to travel up early Saturday morning. We all made good time and it was a safe trip. Callie got a little upset in the last hour, but that's understandable. Philip had a week before he started work which was really nice. It helped us get settled in (as much as we can) and set things up the way we needed them. We spent a lot of time together and even went up to Chicago. For those of you who don't know our situat...